Welcome to Resurgo
RESURGO Place is a state-of-the-art facility where Moncton heritage, technology and discovery intersect. RESURGO Place houses both the Moncton Museum and the Transportation Discovery Centre and oversees other heritage sites, including the Free Meeting House and the Thomas Williams House.
Explore interactive exhibits that will captivate the whole family! Be sure to visit The Station Gift Shop for unique gifts and transportation-themed merchandise.
- 2015 - TIANB - Product Development Award
- 2014 - Association Museums New Brunswick Award of Distinction
- 2014 - “Top ten eye-popping buildings in Canada” – MSN Travel
- 2014 - Transportation Club of Moncton Achievement Award
- 1982 - American Association of State and Local History Award
- 1949 - Discussions begin on the need for a museum in Moncton.
- 1973 - Moncton Museum officially opens to the public.
- 1990 - The Free Meeting House is designated as a National Historic Site.
- 1998 - The Moncton Museum celebrates 25 years and becomes part of the City of Moncton Community Services Department.
- 2004 - Planning begins for the expansion of the Moncton Museum and the construction of the Transportation Discovery Center.
- 2012 - Construction of the new Transportation Discovery Center begins.
- 2013 - The museum celebrates 40 years in the community and is re-branded as Resurgo Place, the new home of the Moncton Museum and the Transportation Discovery Center.
- 2014 - Resurgo Place officially opens to the public.
Discover Our Moving History
Resurgo Place, home of the Moncton Museum and Transportation Discovery Centre offers visitors a unique and interactive experience dedicated to history, science and transportation. The new facility, which opened to the public in August 2014, has been expanded to include high-quality exhibitions and hands-on interactives. The reorganized exhibition spaces make it a unique, state-of-the-art facility that offers original programming while continuously promoting heritage. Resurgo Place is a source of great pride for local citizens and is a dynamic, exciting destination.