We are delighted to announce that Resurgo Place will be re-opening as of Tuesday, June 16, 2020.
Community members, returning visitors and curious new friends, you have really been supportive throughout this process. Thanks for reaching out, for sending in your questions and for answering our survey!
While we cannot wait to welcome you back, you can expect your visit to be different than before. We are taking extra precautions to ensure everyone’s safety and appreciate your patience and understanding as we adapt.
Please click HERE to plan your visit!
Welcome to Resurgo Place
RESURGO Place is a state-of-the-art facility where Moncton heritage, technology and discovery intersect. The resilient City of Moncton was built on transportation. We invite you to come discover why the city's motto is Resurgo, "I rise again." Explore stories of our people and heritage. Follow transportation themes that weave in and out, shaping our understanding of this place and its connections to the wider world. Have hands-on fun with our interactive exhibits, moving your creations further, faster and safer!
RESURGO Place houses both the Moncton Museum and the Transportation Discovery Centre and oversees heritage sites, such as the Free Meeting House (1821), the Thomas Williams House (1883) and the Treitz Haus (c. 1769). Be sure to visit The Station Gift Shop for unique gifts and transportation-themed merchandise.
Click HERE to plan your visit!
RESURGO Place, home of the Moncton Museum and Transportation Discovery Centre offers visitors a unique and interactive experience dedicated to history, science and transportation. The new facility, which opened to the public in August 2014, has been expanded to include high-quality exhibitions and hands-on interactives. The reorganized exhibition spaces make it a unique, state-of-the-art facility that offers original programming while continuously promoting heritage. Resurgo Place is a source of great pride for local citizens and is a dynamic, exciting destination.
- 2015 - TIANB - Product Development Award
- 2014 - Association Museums New Brunswick Award of Distinction
- 2014 - “Top ten eye-popping buildings in Canada” – MSN Travel
- 2014 - Transportation Club of Moncton Achievement Award
- 1982 - American Association of State and Local History Award
- 2014 - Resurgo Place officially opens to the public.
- 2013 - The museum celebrates 40 years in the community and is re-branded as Resurgo Place, the new home of the Moncton Museum and the Transportation Discovery Center.
- 2012 - Construction of the new Transportation Discovery Center begins.
- 2004 - Planning begins for the expansion of the Moncton Museum and the construction of the Transportation Discovery Center.
- 1998 - The Moncton Museum celebrates 25 years and becomes part of the City of Moncton Community Services Department.
- 1990 - The Free Meeting House is designated as a National Historic Site.
- 1973 - Moncton Museum officially opens to the public.
- 1949 - Discussions begin on the need for a museum in Moncton.
Thank you to all our donors who have generously contributed to the Transportation Discovery Centre and Resurgo Place. We are tremendously grateful for your support.
- Armour Transportation Systems
- Leslie and Jon Manship
- Moncton Union Centre
- Day & Ross Transportation Group
- Greater Moncton Museum Society/ Association du musée de la région métropolitaine de Moncton
- Lockhart Foundation
- Les Religieuses de Notre-Dame-du-Sacré-Coeur
- Reginald Ward
- Atlantica Diversified Transportation Systems Inc.
- Bank of Montreal
- Fortis Properties Corporation
- Greater Moncton International Airport Authority / Aéroport international du Grand Moncton
- Harrison McCain Foundation
- J.D. Irving, Limited
- London Life
- Lounsbury Group
- Midland Transport Ltd.
- RBC Foundation
- Atlantic Provinces Trucking Association
- Altimax Courier Limited
- Architecture Stantec
- Assurance Goguen Champlain Insurance Inc.
- James A. Barnes Memorial
- Casino New-Nouveau-Brunswick
- CN Pensioners Association Moncton Council #1 / Association de retraités du CN
- Moncton Council #1
- H. Reuben Cohen
- Dooly's Inc.
- INCOLOR Inc.
- Keltic Transportation Inc.
- Roger Leger
- MacArthur’s Paving & Construction Co. Inc.
- Moncton West Riverview Rotary Club
- Omista Credit Union
- Owens MacFadyen Group
- Les Religieux de Sainte-Croix d’Acadie
- Rigel Shipping Canada Inc.
- Transportation Club of Moncton
- Ingénieurs en structure Valron Structural Engineers
- Geoffrey G. Bell
- Dale T. Briggs
- Consolidated Fastfrate Inc.
- Shane Esson
- Eva Fleck
- Jazz Aviation
- Owen Lockyer
- Evelyn V. McKie
- Lorne Mitton
- Gregory & Laura Murphy
- Joyce Murphy
- Jean Robert Nolet
- Barbara Steeves Oatway
- Lourdes O'Reilly
- Peter Porter
- Eileen Vance
- Wawanesa Mutual Insurance